Monday, July 25, 2011

Vince Flynn and Social Media

Vince Flynn writes a series about covert operations starring Mitch Rapp. I've read everything in the series and love the way Flynn writes. I find I'm all about the characters. If the characters make me care about what will happen with them, I will almost always go back for more.

Luckily I have quite a few favorite authors or the wait between books would drive me crazy. Flynn does an awesome job using social media to promote his work. His home page lists his complete works along with what is coming. He gives away a book a month to fans that he posts on the site. He also has a newsletter that comes out regularly. Recently I was reading an interview excerpt on his site and he was asked what he was listening to (Adele) and reading (Patrick Rothfuss). I was currently reading Rothfuss second book and had just started listening to Adele. I had to grin to think we had even that much in common.

Now Vince Flynn has a website for his latest novel, American Assassin, which actually tells the beginning of Mitch Rapp's story. There is a contract with CBS for the movie rights and you can tell this site is already building hype by his fan's posts. I'll definitely have to see it when it comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment