Friday, August 5, 2011

Always young....


As people age, they start to talk about how they would like to be 18 again, 20, 25, 30, anything as long as it's younger. The new movie, In Time, is about a world where no one ages beyond 25 years old. Early in the preview you see three women introduced as "my mother-in-law, my wife, and my daughter." The first time I saw this it really made me stop and think. There have been times I would like my youth back again, but these women are all the same age! It is pretty freaky actually.

In that world, you couldn't look at someone and know they're a grandfather, a 20-year-businessman, or a high school graduate. Everyone is perpetually young...or at least until they run out of time. As much as I'd sometimes like to be in my twenties again, the idea of looking like my daughter's sister is just too much to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment